About Soapy Joe’s
We’re not just a car wash – we’re on a mission to create opportunity and a healthy environment that allows our team members, our customer members, and our communities to thrive.
We care about giving back. About protecting the environment. And most of all, we care about bringing dynamic team-players into our company.
This place isn’t for everyone. If you love to win, care about people, and you’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves and get to work, you’re in great company with us.
Culture matters, and we’re looking for a Senior Learning and Development Specialist who will be a part of moving the company into the largest period of growth we’ve ever had.
TheWe have an excellent opportunity for a full-time Senior Learning and Development Specialist in our Santee, CA office. This team member will enhance the competencies of both individuals and teams by designing and conducting training programs that will boost workplace performance in alliance with Soapy Joe’s core values. You will be responsible for performing training needs assessments, designing and delivering curriculum and learning materials and for managing all phases of training interventions. The Senior Learning and Development Specialist accomplishes this role-modeling our core values:
- BUILD COMMUNITY: We are part of our local community and consistently create a fun experience where everyone is welcome.
- DO THE RIGHT THING: In all of our daily transactions we operate with honesty and integrity – even when no one’s looking.
- OWN IT: We manage our business and other’s property like it’s our own.
- BE MINDFUL: We listen to and are aware of the needs of our customers and each other.
- ONE TEAM: We work as a united team to serve our customers and each other.
- BE PROUD: We pride ourselves on the quality of our services, the clean conditions of our sites, and the positive environment we create for our members and each other.
What You’ll Do:
- Confer with management to gain knowledge of work situations requiring training and to better understand changes in policies, procedures, regulations, business initiatives and technologies
- Identify training needs by evaluating strengths and weaknesses
- Translate requirements into trainings that will groom team members for the next step of their career path
- Develop course content, design presentations, participant materials, and facilitate sales and membership experience training
- Deliver or source leadership and other professional development training to team members of a variety of levels and functions
- Build annual training program and prepare teaching plans
- Develop or oversee the production of classroom handouts, instructional materials, aids and manuals
- Assess training effectiveness to ensure incorporation of taught skills and techniques into team members work behavior
- Apply Adult Learning theory and instructional design for different delivery methods
(instructor-led, virtual classroom, eLearning, other)
- Stay abreast of the new trends and tools in team member development
- Perform some administrative tasks such as monitoring costs, scheduling classes, setting up systems and equipment, and coordinating enrollment/registration
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Education, Training, HR or related field
- A minimum of 4 years of proven experience in corporate learning and development
- Proven track record of sales and membership experience training
- Impressive communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Extensive knowledge of instructional design theory and learning principles
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong observation and diagnostic skills with ability to give candid and professional feedback and coaching to training participants
- Adequate knowledge of learning management software
- Familiarity with traditional and modern training methods, tools and techniques
- Excellent attention to detail, problem solving ability and time management expertise
- Strong customer service skills and an enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Proficiency in MS Office Products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Required to be physically capable of executing all essential functions to perform the job
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to per- form the essential functions