Tunnel of Love: 2021. Propose at Soapy Joe’s
To enter the 2021 Tunnel of Love: Propose at Soapy Joe’s Promotion (The Promotion), a participant shall:
- Submit a marriage proposal video, which shall occur in any Soapy Joe’s car wash tunnel, through the Soapy Joe’s website at www.soapyjoescarwash.com/tunnel-of-love;
- Share the video on one or more social media platforms which includes at least one of the following: Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. The share must include the tag @soapyjoes.
- Acceptance of all terms and conditions stated on the website at the time of entry is required. Upon submission, you must include all required information requested. The Promotion entry window is Sunday, February 14, 2021 to Sunday, February 28, 2021.
Video and Submittal Requirements:
- Videos must have clear audio as determined solely by Soapy Joe’s.
Soapy Joe’s air freshener, Soapy Joe’s property, logo, or name must clearly be visually or verbally represented, or other suitable demonstration of participation at a Soapy Joe’s car wash within the video to be eligible.
- Videos will not be posted and are not eligible if they contain music that you do have not have the rights to.
- All safety precautions and adherence to all Soapy Joe’s posted signage must be taken while in the Soapy Joe’s tunnel.
- Proposals posted to social media, but not posted to The Promotion website shall not qualify.
Public Voting: Public voting on marriage proposals will take place from March 2, 2021 – March 8, 2021. Voting ends at 11:00 pm PST on March 8, 2021. The winning couple will be determined based on number of votes. The couple receiving the most votes shall win The Prize. Subject to change.
Voting shall be limited to one vote per day per person as defined by email address or IP address. Votes determined to be generated automatically through technology such as bots shall be deemed invalid.
The Prize: One winning couple will receive:
- Two wedding rings, not diamond engagement rings, valued up to $3,500 total, to be provided by the jeweler of Soapy Joe’s choice.
- Prize value will be taxed and reported to Participants on a 1099-MISC form by Soapy Joe’s and/or jeweler.
- $10,000 cash prize
- Prize value will be taxed and reported to Participants on a 1099-MISC form by Soapy Joe’s and/or jeweler.
Participation Gift: Each couple that enters The Promotion and satisfies all requirements shall receive one (1) Magic Joe annual membership as a Participation Gift.
The Prize and Participation Gift are not transferrable.
Each participant must be eligible for marriage as defined by the state of California no later than Sunday February 28, 2021.
Soapy Joe’s employees and their families are not eligible to participate.
Notification of Winner:
Winner will be notified by email and winning information will be posted on Soapy Joe’s social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram) on March 10, 2021. Winner has seven (7) days to respond and claim prize. After seven days and the winner has not responded, Soapy Joe’s shall select a second winner, who also has seven (7) days to respond. Names shall continue to be selected with a seven (7) day response period until a winner claims their prize within the allotted time.
The winners will be required to personally retrieve the rings from Soapy Joe’s jeweler of choice. The cash prize payment will be made in one (1) lump sum via cashier’s check on or around March 17, 2021. The check and any other applicable prizes must be picked up in person and will not be mailed.
Winner will be required to provide valid identification, sign a declaration of eligibility, and sign a publicity release prior to receiving their Prize. Acceptable identification includes a valid driver’s license or other valid picture showing name and address. Winner may also be required to sign other legal documents, including tax forms, releases and/or other disclaimers supplied by Soapy Joe’s or the jeweler.
Publicity and General Release: By uploading their video to The Promotion website, participants acknowledge and agree to the following:
- Participants consent to the use, publication, reproduction and for all purposes, including publicity, promotion and advertising, in any media (including without limitation, the Internet, television or offline promotions), each of their names, voice, likeness, and any portion thereof, each extending throughout the universe and in perpetuity without further compensation, credit or right of review or approval, except where prohibited by law.
- Participants fully release and hold harmless Soapy Joe’s, its affiliates, subsidiaries, directors, agents, agencies, affiliates, franchisees, promoters, officers, directors, employees and related persons from any and all claims or losses and all liability related to this Promotion and the receipt and use of any prize.
Soapy Joe’s is not responsible for: Cancellation or delay resulting from causes beyond its reasonable control, including, but not limited to: acts of God, strikes or other labor disturbances, equipment failure, unexpected business closures, delays in transportation, war, acts of terrorism, riot, epidemics, floods, fires, unusually severe weather conditions, accidents, nor additional expenses incurred thereof.
Tax Regulations: Winners of prizes with a fair market value of $600 or greater must execute and return an IRS Form W-9 and an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, as well as any additionally required forms, and must provide a photocopy of a legal document showing California residence and a photocopy of a legal document showing the winner’s social security number within seven (7) calendar days after receiving such forms or the prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries. Winners agree to accept the estimate of fair market value of the prize.
Non-Transferability: Rings are non-transferrable.
Reservation: Soapy Joe’s reserves the right to cancel or amend the program at their discretion at any time. Soapy Joes reserves the right to edit the videos for brevity, profanity, file compression, audio clarity, language or other functional needs. In any such case of editing, the participant of said video shall be notified.
No purchase required.
Join for $5
Purchase a Magic Joe membership at a qualifying location or online via the promotional link to receive the promotional offer of $5 for the first month of membership. Only new members are eligible for the initial one-month promotional rate and will be charged the regular Magic Joe rate of $35 for each subsequent month. Cannot be combined with other offers. Offer valid at the Mission Gorge location only January 11, 2021 – March 31, 2021. Subject to change.
I authorize Soapy Joe’s –to charge my credit card account for my chosen Annual Wash Club. All sales are final; plans cannot be credited, refunded or canceled. I understand that Soapy Joe’s –may cancel this plan at any time and that my membership will be canceled if the Terms & Conditions listed herein are violated. I understand that circumstances may affect the availability of service, including equipment failure or inclement weather. Wash Club membership does not apply to fleet vehicles (i.e. taxis, limousines, rental cars, etc.). Wash Club RFID tag must stay affixed to the windshield. This plan is valid for one (1) vehicle only –choice assigned below. The vehicle on file may be switched/updated to any other vehicle once within a six month period.
I authorize Soapy Joe’s to charge my credit card account for the amount of my chosen Wash Club Plan. Monthly billing date will be the same day the membership is purchased. The automatic recharge will remain in force until canceled at least seven (7) days prior to my billing date. I may cancel at any time by submitting an online request at soapyjoescarwash.com/membership-update or by mail at 11465 Woodside Ave., Santee, CA 92071. I understand that Soapy Joe’s –may cancel this plan at any time and that my membership will be canceled if the Terms & Conditions listed herein are violated or if the monthly charge is declined by the credit card processing system. I understand that circumstances may affect the availability of service, including equipment failure or inclement weather.
Monthly rates may be increased, with notice posted at the site at least 31 days in advance. Removal of RFID tag does not stop bank charges. By enrolling in the membership program, customers give permission to be contacted regarding account information, news, and offers via email, phone call, or text. Standard phone and text rates may apply. Wash Club RFID tag must stay affixed to the windshield. This plan is valid for one (1) vehicle only –choice assigned below. The vehicle on file may be switched or updated to any other vehicle once within a six month period.
Memberships may upgrade to a higher package and pay the difference at the time of the wash. Vehicles can be changed/updated once every 6 months. Only the car listed on the enrollment form is eligible for the program and must have a Soapy Joe’s RFID tag affixed to the vehicle. Damaged tags must be reported to Soapy Joe’s Car Wash immediately. Any attempt to remove the RFID tag will destroy the tag preventing it from operating. The member will be charged for tag replacement. Members must notify Soapy Joe’s Car Wash of any change in vehicle ownership.
Soapy Joe’s reserves the right to close for observed holidays and facility or equipment maintenance as needed.
By purchasing any membership, Customer agrees to be bound by any of these terms and conditions on behalf of Customer and all drivers of the vehicle associated with the membership purchase. It is the Customer’s responsibility to inform all drivers of these terms and conditions.
Car wash is not responsible for:
- Loose equipment including but not limited to mirrors, trim, molding, emblems, light covers, wheel covers, center caps, bumpers, running boards, flaps or bug deflectors that become dislodged during contact with equipment.
- Any “rack” devices such as luggage racks, bicycle racks or work racks.
- Existing problems with your vehicle or any after-market parts or installations.
- Vehicles that have less than 5” of clearance or vehicles that are greater than 7’2” in height.
- Vehicles that are wider than 73” from tire wall to tire wall or have tires greater than 13” wide.
- Vehicles that are 5 years or older.
- Water damage from leaking, unsecured, or open doors or windows including sunroofs.
- Antennas that are not fully removed or lowered by you, power antennas, antennas fins or antennas that cannot be lowered or removed.
- Collisions due to breaking in the tunnel or incidents occurred while the customer is operating the vehicle.
- Any automated system or feature on your vehicle that may cause damage to your vehicle or other vehicles.
Important notice to customers:
- Any claims must be made before the vehicle leaves the premises. If damage occurs to your vehicle, you agree to obtain a minimum of two estimates, one of which shall be from a repair shop of our choice. Any work must be approved by Soapy Joe’s PRIOR to any work being started.